EATS: Loaded Grilled Potato

August 15, 2016


As I got hungry the other day, I searched through the kitchen for something to eat. I was in the mood for stir-fry, but I couldn't find any rice. I wasn't in the mood for just an egg either. As I looked around for something, I decided to do a little bit of experimental cooking. I never experiment when cooking, but I decided to give it a try. Through this, I created the Loaded Grilled Potato. I will tell you what I did...


Ingredients
  • 1 Red-Skinned Potato
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Whole Mushroom
  • 1 Stock of Broccoli 
  • 1 Carrot
  • 1 Clove of Garlic
Seasoning
  • "Slap Ya Mama" Seasoning 
  • Salt
  • Onion Powder
  • Pepper
  • Red pepper flakes

Directions
  1. Slice the potato into thin slices (long side so you get large slices) and pat down the liquid with a paper towel until dry. I ended up with 5 slices.
  2. Lightly season the potato with "Slap Ya Mama" (DON'T OVERDO THIS SEASONING or your food will end up VERY salty and you'll have to scrape it off later...like I did...).
  3. Place the slices on a greased George Foreman Grill (If you don't have one, you can cook it on the stove on LOW heat). Let it cook for a while until it seems somewhat dry and has grill marks. Make sure to flip it after about 3 minutes!
  4. Place the cooked slices on a paper towel with a plate under it.
  5. Crack the egg in a bowl and separate the yolk from the whites.
  6. Put the egg white in a separate bowl, add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper, and mix with a fork.
  7. Pour the egg whites in a small pan on a low setting and divide the whites into thirds before the egg full cooks.
  8. Flip the eggs so they cook evenly. Once the egg full cooks, place on the potato slices.
  9. Repeat 6-8 with the egg yolk.
  10. Chop up the broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, and carrots (cut the carrots into thin slices).
  11. Heat a small pan to medium-low. Add about 1-1/2 tbsp. of oil to the pan and add the broccoli and carrots to the pan. After 1 minute, add the mushrooms, garlic, and about 2 pinches of salt and 1 pinch of onion powder.
  12. Once it looks well done, place them on top of the egg.
  13. Lastly, add red pepper flakes to the creation.


There you have it! It tastes so good and satisfies my hunger! I'm not sure if I've had a meal with both an egg and a potato, but they really complement each other. Eggs have protein so it's always great to take a break from meat. If you try this recipe, please share! You of course can experiment and add/subtract seasoning, vegetables, or whatever your heart desires.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe