VANS X SCAD

May 06, 2016


My friend Ashley approached me and asked if I was interested in being apart of a workshop for Vans. Of course, I said yes and a few weeks later I was at a studio with several others dying brand-new, white Vans. The object of the workshop was to customize a pair of Vans. Vans supplied us with instructions on how to dip dye Vans, with the expectation that we would only do that. Being the SCAD students we are, we went beyond that and added our own twist to customizing sneakers. 

 The theme I came up with for my custom Vans is "crisscross". I was inspired by the diamond pattern on the soles. Since the black of the dye didn't work too well, I had to paint over the shoe with black paint.



Photo Credit: Jenny Watts 

 Photo Credit: Jenny Watts 

Photo Credit: Jenny Watts 

I loved collaborating with this talented group! I hope to do more of this in the future!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe